If your employee is involved in an accident, the last thing you need to worry about is compliance.
Part 382.202 from the 49CFR Part 40 handbook states that all CDL drivers must be tested for drugs and alcohol in the following situations:
- Loss of a human life is involved;
- A citation is issued for the following reasons:
- If any person receives immediate medical treatment away from the scene;
- If one or more vehicles are damaged and needs to be towed away
Post-accident alcohol testing requirements:
- Must be done within 2-8 hours.
- If the test is not done within 2 hours, the supervisor needs to document the reason.
- If the test is not done within 8 hours, a valid explanation needs to be provided and documented. Beyond 8 hours, the results are not valid.
Post-accident drug testing requirements:
- Urine specimen must be collected within 32 hours.
- If the specimen is not collected within the time frame, a valid explanation needs to be documented.
*All statements and results must be kept on file and available upon request.
The best decision an employer can make, is to set up an account with someone available to provide these services. At ARCpoint Labs of Southboro-Framingham, we offer 24/7 on-site services to our clients. Call us today at (508)281-0501 to find out more information!