Hair testing analyzes a hair sample for parent drugs and their metabolites. Hair tests are a good option opposed to other specimens, but have some cons as well.
- Observed collection
- Long detection window
- Does not deteriorate
- Can be used to measure chronic drug use
- Convenient shipping and storage
- More difficult to adulterate than urine
- Moderate to high cost
- Cannot be used to detect drug used 1-14 days prior to drug test
- Not effective for compliance monitoring
- External contamination
ARCpoint Labs of Southboro-Framingham provides free consultations and can answer any questions on hair testing. Please call today at (508) 834-3760.